Father John E. Doyle Council of the Knights of Columbus is a Roman Catholic fraternal organization that supports the Catholic Church, our Community, and our Nation with our time, our fundraising, and our prayers. We are particularly supportive of the vocation of the Priesthood, the parishes of St. Rose of Lima and Corpus Christi, the unborn child, Catholic youth and schools, and the charitable organizations in our local community.
The Father John E. Doyle Council was founded in 1988 by parishioners from St. Rose of Lima in North Wales and Corpus Christi in Lansdale/Upper Gwynedd Pennsylvania.
The Father John E. Doyle Council still serves both parishes faithfully. Our council raises and donates about $8000 for charitable causes, and more than 2,000 hours of service to the community and church.
If you are a Catholic gentleman of 18 years and in communion with the Holy See, we’d like you to join us for a most rewarding experience! No experience necessary! We only ask you donate as much of your time that you are comfortable donating (and of course, a small amount of annual dues). Please contact the Grand Knight if you are interested in joining us!
The basic principle on which our order is founded is Charity. Listed below are some of our many projects:
Our Community and Church projects include:
- The Annual Association of Retarded Citizens Foundation Fund Raising
- “A Baby’s Breath” (Click HERE)
- Adopt-A-Highway on US202
- Annual Council and District Free-Throw Contest
- Support for the Wellness Center for Cancer Patients
- Support for Mom’s House, Phoenixville
- Support for the National MS Society
- Support for the Brother House for the Homeless, Norristown
- Other activites that vary from year to year
- Our Seminarians
- IHM Center, Philadelphia PA
- Parish of St. Rose of Lima
- Parish of Corpus Christi
- Father Joseph C. Tomko Assembly
- Lansdale Catholic High School
- Annual Nun’s Christmas Party (supporting Tomko Assembly)
- Annual Altar Server Awards at Corpus Christi and St. Rose of Lima
- Annual English Achievement Awards at Corpus Christi School
- Many other Individual Concerns that Change from Year-to-Year
- Annual March for Life in Washington DC
- Annual Living Rosary
- Annual Breakfast with Santa
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Easter Basket Collections for our sister parish in North Philadelphia, Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Coats for Kids
Support our fundraising events to help us raise funds for all of our charitable causes
- Pancake Breakfasts throughout the year
- Crab Cake Sales Twice Per Year
- Advent Calendar Sales
- Lenten Spaghetti Dinner
- Trivia Night!
- October Living Rosary
- National Free-Throw Contest
- Chance of a Lifetime (COAL) Drawing
- Football Sweepstakes